Creates, diagnoses, troubleshoots, documents and maintains the company’s business database systems including back-up, performance tuning, capacity planning, and monitoring critical events.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Tests backups to meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoots SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configures SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms and perform data analysis
- Manages clustering, logs, mirroring and application integration
- Liaises with IT teams to resolve complex application performance issues
- Installs and configures new SQL Servers
- Deploys database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- Maintains archived data
- Maintains data integrity and security (manages roles and permissions of database users).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Certification in Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional, MCSA SQL Server 2012 or certification in Database Administrator – DB2 10.1 for Linux, Unix, and Windows
- At least 5 years’ experience in administering Microsoft SQL server databases and other RDBMS.
- Substantial knowledge and experience with MS-ACCESS, MS-SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 Client-Server systems.
- Knowledge of other databases like MySQL, Informix, Oracle and DB2
- Good organisation, communication, teamwork, problem solving and analytical skills.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2019