Kingston Freeport Terminal Limited (KFTL) has implemented changes to its gate process, effective March 18, 2019. The changes are part of the company’s ongoing efforts to enhance its systems and processes to provide better service to its customers.
The new gate process will help to:
• Improve traffic management and reduce the truck turn-around time
• Increase the security of information as well as cargo control through the installation of Gate Booths, which will help prevent trucks without the correct information from entering or leaving our facilities
• Enhance customer focus by reducing manual administrative processes and avoid trucks parking in the entrance creating congestion
• Increase the level of safety for users by reducing the concentration of pedestrians and ensuring a more controlled area
• Reduce the parking during the Gate In process
• Set the foundation for improvements in our technological systems including eventual introduction of automated gate process and optimal container recognition (OCR)
Stakeholders who wish to contact KFTL with any questions or concerns about the changes may email firstname.lastname@example.org.